Friday, May 17, 2013

Been a long time

For anyone reading this blog, well there is rarely any reading to be done. However anyone checking this blog out, I haven't stopped working on this film, just be in the trenches so to speak. I don't have much more time to finish, and I have a laundry list of stuff I need to get done. Any animators out there making a film on their own, don't be in a hurry to animate. Do as much planning and groundwork as you possibly can. These first scenes I've been animating have been a pain due to pedestrian like planning. I had a good idea of what I needed to do, rushed the timing and have been struggling ever since. My next batch of scenes are going to get a nice does of planning before I animate. What does that mean? 1- Make sure audio cues are correct 2- Do thumbnail poses before going with my first idea 3- Do thorough x-sheets that break the character down into arms, head, body, clothes. per character 4- Think through any needed effects in the scene and make a plan on how to execute those. The most important though are the thumbnailing and x-sheets. I'm really writing this to remind myself not to rush the brisket.

No comments:

Post a Comment